As of MS 6.3, the MTA supports archiving as a plug-in, similar to spam/virus filter package plug-ins. When using AXS:one, it.com, or Microsoft® Exchange Journal archiving, a
_config_file MTA option might be set as
msconfig> set mta.spamfilter7_config_file IMTA_TABLE:archive.dat
With AXS:One, it.com or Microsoft Exchange Journal format use, the following options are available; see MTA configuration for AXS:One archiving for further discussion.
- DEBUG (integer; default 0)
- RESETDEBUG (integer; default 0). (New in 8.0.) Enables or disables debug output on a per-transaction basis. If RESETDEBUG is nonzero, then channel debugging controls archiving debugging: If channel debugging is enabled, then the RESETDEBUG value becomes the debug level for the archiver; if channel debugging is disabled, then archiving debugging is disabled.
- STYLE (1-3; required). (Value 2 new in Messaging Server 7.0u1, value 3 new in 8.0.1.) The default value, 1, specifies AXS:One archiving. A value of 2 specifies it.com archiving and a value of 3 specified Microsoft Exchange Journal format archiving.
DIRECTORY (string; no default). This option is required for AXS:One and it.com archives and is not used for Microsoft Exchange Journal format archiving. It specifies the directory where archive files are supposed to be written. In the case of it.com archives,
strftimesubstitutions can be used to insert date and time information into the directory name.
- DESTINATION (string; no default; Microsoft Exchange Journal format only). If set, this option specifies the address where Exchange Journal format archive messages are to be sent. If the option is not set archive messages are sent to the various capture attributes associated with the message's authorized sender, envelope from, and envelope recipient addresses.
- SOURCE_CHANNEL (channel name; no default; required for Microsoft Exchange Journal format only). The SOURCE_CHANNEL option specifies the name of the channel used to submit Microsoft Exchange Journal format messages. It is recommended that a separate channel be created for this purpose so that such submissions are clearly identifiable in the logs.
- MODE (integer; default 8%660). Sets the file creation mode used on all archive files that are created for AXS:One or it.com archives. Note that mode values can be written in the customary octal form by prefixing the value with "8%".
- SUBDIRS (integer; default 0). Specify how many subdirectories to use for AXS:One or it.com archives. Only values between 0 and 1000 will be used; attempting to set a value outside that range will result in 0 (no subdirectories) being used.
- REVERSE (0 or 1; default 1; AXS:One only).
- USEHEADERRECIPIENTS (0 or 1; default 0; AXS:One only). (New in MS 7.0.5).
- TRUSTEXISTINGHASH (0 or 1; default 0; AXS:One only).
- IDSUFFIX (string; default ""; AXS:One only). This option specifies a suffix to all MessageID fields generated in the AXS:One format. The default is the empty string. This option should be set to "-0100MD500" when running in operational mode and to "-0000MD500" when running in compliance mode.
- POSTEDDATEMODE (integer; default 100; AXS:One only). (New in Messaging Server 7.0u4). A value of 0 means to use the date/time from the Date: header field. The default value of 100 means to use an appropriate time, depending upon whether this is compliance vs. operational archiving: for compliance mode, use the start time of the archiving operation, whereas for operational mode, use the message's internal date. Any other value for POSTEDDATEMODE means to use a Received: header date/time.